<snip>
> I don't know if they are cheap but I have seen corsets where the busk
> was too short and they looked ugly.
> They cut a piece of an other busk and taped it together but is is very
> easy to see.

Never had any complaints from my customers, but then you can't see that an extra piece has been added. At least not the way I do it. I have some old spoon busks which are way too short, but work fine when I tape the extra piece on.

Suzi

Suzi,
Can you describe the way you attach an extra busk piece, as it must be different to the method Deredere has seen if one is obvious and the other isn't. I'm assuming you would have to use gaffer tape (AKA duct tape) for the strength and I'm wondering how you would get the requisite strength in the join without creating lumps in the finished corset.
Thanks,
Elizabeth