I don't think they cared. Animals were always in the house. Ever heard of a 3Dog Night? That meant the dogs slept on the bed to help heat the bed. So they wouldn't have worried about the air, would be my guess. With servants to do such mundaine ork, maybe they did the tiddying up of velvets and woolens. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dawn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:52 PM
Subject: [h-cost] pet hair

How on earth did medieval and renaissance folks keep their velvets and wools from looking like barnyard bedding? Surely even the servants of the wealthy had better things to do than pick cat hairs off the master's gowns? I've got two lint rollers and I just can't keep up with my two ginger tabbies. And no, they're not allowed in the costumes, but the hair gets there anyway.

What do the rest of you do to keep your period clothing clean?

Dawn