Hi, I'm making an 1865-70 bodice (first bustle era) starting from the Truly
Victorian ball bodice pattern, and I'm having trouble with the fit around the
armholes -- there's a horizontal stress line about 1/2" above the bottom of the
armhole (right at the top of my corset) it extends about 3" into the bust, and
about the same length across the back. I'm not sure how to get rid of it -- the
rest of the bodice fits beautifully... I also had this problem on my
princess-line tea gown using their pattern... But I thought it was due to the
weight of the fabric, but that can't be the case for my current bodice... Does
anyone have any suggestions for how to handle this fitting problem? Should I
make the armhole bigger (and if so, should it be lower side front, lower side
back, or the bottom? I'm afraid if I widen the armhole it'll just pull the
armhole out of shape due to the pull...) should I let the side seam out a
little bit? I thought about putting padding inside the bodice ther!
 e, but there is very little room... And the bodice is satin so it shows every
little crinkle or dent - unfortunately you can even follow the line of the lace
on the chemise if you look closely.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
        Thank you,
                -sunny