I don't even want to think about what church historians and Renaissance historians are going to go through when the Da Vinci Code movie comes out. There are going to be an awful lot of people who will think it's entirely factual.

Susan

That is already the case. I live & work in/near Edinburgh now and you just need to whisper the word "Roslyn chapel" and you can see people's heads turn beetroot red. ;-)

Anyway, I have become far more mellow and tolerant in recent years, particularly towards films that never claim to be authentic. I didn't used to be able to switch my brain off - I am now and can enjoy those films. I'm thankful for having mellowed. Where is the point in tearing angrily everything apart and thus losing one's ability to enjoy oneself? However, if a film does claim to be authentic, I still lose my rag and probably always will.

Nicole