I always trace the thin patterns to brown wrapping paper, it holds a lot better and it wont fade away so easy. All the patterns i use frequently are made of brown wrapping paper.

Bjarne
----- Original Message ----- From: "Land of Oz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:11 PM
Subject: [h-cost] preserving patterns

I have a multi-size tissue pattern that I would like to use several times, and make in more than one size.

What is your favorite method of preserving patterns to keep them intact? In the past, I have fused the tissue to muslin, but those were *very* simple children's play clothes, and eyeballing the cutting line for a smaller size was simple.

Suggestions?

Denise