In a message dated 1/8/2009 3:00:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
otsi...@socket.net writes:

I  thought I had seen one painting with black lace ruff but I can't seem  to
recall the country.

******************

I've seen a black ruff somewhere too. But I'm thinking it was a theatrical
character.... like a Comedia character....and later than when ruffs were
fashionable.

It seems likely SOMEONE wore an all black ruff. Sounds like something  they'd
embrace on the Iberian peninsula but since ruffs evolve from the chemise  or
shirt, I would surmise it would be a late development when the ruff had
become a complete entity in and of itself (rather than being thought of as just
 an
extension of a chemise) But I'm guessing here.
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215047751x1200957972/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De
cemailfooterNO62)