Hi,

there´s a method called radial projection or something like that.

Get a rather large copy of the pattern you want to make and have the scale on the copy. Glue the copy on a large sheet of paper. Choose one point in a corner of the pattern piece and draw long lines from there through the "important points". One after another, multiply these distances with the factor you need to get the full-size scale and mark this new distance on the line. Connect all important points and you will get a full scale pattern. I find it hard to explain without a drawing how to do it, and my English is quite tired right now, but I hope you understand what I mean. It´s really easy and a lot faster than using a grid - which is a method where usually can´t count the boxes and end up with a really strange pattern piece...

Hanna