Well... my progress wasn't too great today since I was busy all afternoon doing other things, but I went to Staples first to see if they had projectors while I was there pricing large-format copies and they have two models, both $199. That seems like an awful but it's Staples, office supplies. Maybe Michael's has different kinds, perhaps if theirs are less the kind they stock are more intended for hobby purpose as opposed to an office supplier selling a heavier duty stock intended for use in a business, so Michael's is the next venture.

Initially my instinct was to work out the difference between 1/4 and 1/8 the same way suggested, since 1/8 is half, so to make up the difference use two boxes instead but i got all frazzled trying to figure out how. I think I might know now. My other goal for today that didn't happen was to try just the photocopying method. Is there any particular number of times that anyone knows of that I should enlarge each scaled down peice? If the pieces are 1/4 scale, would that mean I'd enlarge them 75%? Oy, math definitely isn't my cup of tea, I'm just wishing now the author was more clear on how to scale up. It sort of leaves no purpose to have patterns if one has to pretty much redraw each peice!?

-Justine:)

-----Original Message-----
From: Julie <jtkn...@jtknits.cts.com>
To: h-cost...@indra.com; h-costume@mail.indra.com
Sent: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 3:02 pm
Subject: [h-cost] Help!

Thank you everyone so much for your suggestions. The recommendation on
using a projector has always intrigued me but the unfortunate thing is
that now days people who would or did once use them are less likely
to,
since the upgraded technology has led many to discard the old
projector
and adopt newer systems such as power point slides, etc.>>

I was at Michael's yesterday and they had 3 different projectors that weren't horribly expensive.
Julie