Carolann,

I'd be interested to know which direction the tuck is formed- an inny or an outie :) ?

I have used the technique to induce a curved back seam in a gentleman's overcoat I altered to a frock coat; my tuck was an inny. I did not topstitch it; folding the seam to stitch it down would induce major puckers in thick cloth.

Do you have a closeup of any of these "seam" tucks? They certainly would have saved cloth!

Thanks for an excellent opinion on piping/seams for CW era dresses!

    == Marjorie Wilser

=:=:=:Three Toad Press:=:=:=

"Learn to laugh at yourself and you will never lack for amusement." --MW

http://3toad.blogspot.com/