From: Charlene C <charlene...@gmail.com>
To: h-costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Fri, Feb 27, 2015 1:49 am
Subject: [h-cost] need help with Butterick B6074

It's been a while since I've used a major commerical pattern and I'm
finding
this one confusing.

It seems I need three ribbons for View A: 1/4", 5/8"
grosgrain, 7/8".

The instructions mention ribbon in three places: steps 49,
57-59, and 66.

What the instructions don't tell you is which ribbon to use at
which step.
I'm assuming the 1/4" is step 49 (sleeves), the 7/8" is steps 57-59
(attach
skirt to bodice)  and the 5/8" grograin is step 66 (neckline).

Can
anyone confirm this?

At the moment, I can't visualize how steps 57-59 work;
I'm hoping it will
make more sense when I try it.

I also don't quite
understand how the finished dress fastens up. I know
there's a hook and eye.
I'm assuming you tie the ribbon at the neckline.
What do you do with the
shoelace attached to the inside center front; does
it wrap to the back and
tie?

DEFINITELY not my usual time
period.