When we bought our San Francisco house over 30 years ago, we papered my sewing room in J. R. Burrows William Morris wallpaper, still in wonderful condition and unfaded. I'm really hoping to sell to someone who sees the wallpaper as an asset rather than something weird to just paint over. It doesn't conform to the decoration I see in most houses for sale, which tends to be beige, off-white, and modern. As for our antique light fixtures, we're moving them all to the new house and putting up cheap replacements for sale.

The tablecloths actually look very good, although they are often heavier than commercial lace curtains. At $30 or so per tablecloth instead of $250 or so per curtain, they're a deal. Being next to sunny windows, they'll rot out and need to be replaced every few years. I've been dealing with that forever in our San Francisco house.

When we bought our San Francisco house, we got our hardware from a Rejuvenation print catalog, but I find their website hard to navigate. We've bought a lot of light switch plates and other hardware for our Sacramento house from http://www.houseofantiquehardware.com/, our cabinet hardware (kitchen, bathroom, and pantry doors) from http://www.rockler.com/ (if you search on terms like "stickley" and "arts and crafts" there's a lovely selection), and lots of antique door hardware and more antique light fixtures from eBay. We buy antiques where we can find them, but it can be hard to get certain things as antiques when you want them. And we got some of our switch plates from this site: http://jamesmattson.com/collections/switchplates-bungalow-rose

Fran
Lavolta Press
Books on historic clothing
www.lavoltapress.com

I haven't ordered anything from him, but he's well known in social dance circles so some of you may know him too: http://www.burrows.com/ He's done work at the MFA in Boston, tv shows, the list goes on. Beautiful photos on the website and facebook... I don't know my Victorian lace curtains, but would be willing to bet these aren't the tablecloth variety. Fran, I expect you know about them already, but in case not, Rejuvenation and Lee Valley both sell hardware that might be of interest. Christine _______________________________________________ h-costume mailing list h-costume@mail.indra.com http://mail.indra.com/mailman/listinfo/h-costume