From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Elena House
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:38 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: [h-cost] searching for 1887 misses' fashion illustrations

Okay, I have an overly specific search challenge/request for the list!  I'm
looking for illustrations (of any sort, as long as they're primary or really
really accurate secondary sources) of what upper middle class girls of 9,
15, and 19 years old would wear in the summer of 1887 as they're boarding a
train for a ride across the US.  To be even MORE specific (and this and the
train aspect are where I've had trouble with my own searches so far) I'm
looking for rear, side, and 3/4 rear views.  The 1880s is decidedly not my
period--can anyone help me?

(This is for a book cover illustration, and okay, period accuracy isn't
strictly speaking a requirement, because maybe .05% of readers would catch
any mistakes, but darn it, _I'd_ know!  You know?)

-E House