>Yeah, it is a soft money issue.  Well you've got a good idea that I will
go check on (if one contributer payed for hosting out of pocket as a
campaign contribution).  But i think if this thing works hosting will cost
a bit more than $2K a month and things will get messy. $2000 is not enough
>to pay for this thing I think....

Got it; and that's all fine by me (although, if it's just linux hosting,
it's amazing what $2000, even $200, will buy...).

But at least part of my idea on this was, what if (god forbid) Dean flails?
As I've said a couple times before, this project is potentially much bigger
than one cause because it's really all about the future of online
networking/organizing. I'd hate to see things disintergrate if Dean "goes
south", say, when the primaries go south. So having the hosting space might
have given us an tangible "turf" where the organization's code and such
could be sustained and a central "site" could operate if need be.

But, even in this scenario, some hosting space could be always obtained at
that junture and we all could (and will I imagine) talk about what, if
anything, is next. So it's all good. (Besides, DEAN'S GONNA KICK BOODIE!!!)

Cheers
CMR

<--enter gratuitous quotation that implies my profundity here-->