Hello Guys,

I worked in Security beck in Jerusalem and have some awarness to the issue.

As in Networking Security, all you need is one unsecured machine on the
network to put the rest in jeopardy.

The solution is simple:

Each attendee will fill out a hard copy form at the next Haifux meeting
he/she attends. The forms will then be processed by the Kabat and the VIP
cards will be sent by snail-mail (if possible) or picked up by the attendee
the next time he/she attends.

The form should have all contact info, car info and a signature. If an
e-mail address is provided, the attendee will receive an e-mail notification
about the VIP card availability. ("It's ready - come pick it up").

It's like the "Electronic vs. mechanical lock" debate to a door....

Old-style solutions work the best in the security field. If it were
different, we all had key cards and pad locks to our homes...

I'd also feel a lot better if we could help, even by little, to make the
Technion a bit more secure. It's darn too easy to infiltrate and do
whatever  as it is right now....

These are my 2 cents....