> One thing I have noticed from the Tesco pics, one laptop has what appears
> Also, with amusement, Tesco indicate the Asus comes with 802.11b !
>
> Bob.

Thanks, Bob, nice catch. The VGA output certainly swings the balance in
favour of the Toshiba. I'm not too worried about wireless, It's a nice to
have, but nothing that I'm going to lose any sleep over.

The VGA port also allows a second monitor for on-desk use, so that is
good. This will mostly replace my desktop for a few years, but not
completely as I said in another post. Backup of data is no problem; and
I'll only store what I'm actually working on on the laptop anyway.

I am also considering swapping the HDD for a solid-state drive that I
have, and a possible RAM upgrade, to take full advantage of the
multi-channel memory bus, if it's not already fully utilised. However,
these are minor changes that I'm used to making!

Cheers,

Tim B.