On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 09:23 +0000, Vic wrote:
> > The older laptop now has cracked hinges
>
> If you can work out the manufacturer / model number, you can usually get
> hold of replacement hinges.

They haven't actually failed yet, and the laptop is now quite old, so I
may never worry about fixing it. I'll keep that in mind, though.

A new battery would be more useful if that's feasible and
cost-effective. Model number 259KI1. Googling suggests "Uniwill" and I
quickly found some batteies at EURO 59 and UKP50, which is probably
worth spending.

I wouldn't get precious about it, though. IIRC it's a Celeron M single
core, and by current standards very slow.

It's main use now is on my boat as a navigation planner, and also to run
Pianoteq, so I can have Yamaha and Steinway Grand pianos on board :-)

I'll match your concertina and raise you an M3. :-D

G.
--
Gordon Scott            www.gscott.co.uk
                        01256-476547