<t...@engineering.selfip.org>wrote:
> > The touchpad lacks a scroll facility, but otherwise it's very nice.
>
> Really? That doesn't sound right, never seen a touchpad that
cannot scroll.
> These days it tends to be two finger scrolling rather then the right
side
> of the pad... though on linux this is configurable.
>
> On windows you may need some drivers to get it to work nicely
though
> I thought windows has the side scrolling by default (though I
haven't
> really used windows on a laptop in a while).

Ah, sorry, I was wrong, it does have scroll, it's just quite a way in from
the edge of the pad.

The realtek chipset is RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
controller, and it is fine now that the full install is done.

Anyway, benchmark results: You may remember from a previous
post that the 2.4GHz P4 came in at an index of 447.3 The new laptop
comes in at:

1 Concurrent    1294.7
4 Concurrent    3186.0

So all-in-all, quite a bit quicker! I have full results if anyone is
interested.

Cheers,

Tim B