Lukas,

Am 21.11.2017 um 11:12 schrieb Lukas Tribus:
> I found the root of the issue: the "daemon" keyword in the global
> configuration section. We need to remove "daemon" from the
> configuration for systemd to mode work correctly in notify mode.

Yes. Or you can set `NotifyAccess=all` in the unit file (with the
security implications that every child process could also send messages
to systemd). Compare my previous email on this subject (msg id:
f3623d86-4467-0b25-be7f-d9e8b3b23...@bastelstu.be):

https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg27890.html

> We can override the "daemon" keyword in the configuration by passing
> -db to haproxy. Adding it to the unit file fixes the issue even if
> they keyword is in the configuration (so we pass "-Ws -db" ).
>
> "-Ws -db" along with a note in the documentation that "daemon" may be
> ignored in systemd mode seems like a good compromise here? I will send
> an RFC patch shortly.

I agree that adding `-db` is a better option than opening up the notify
socket (and I also see that this thread evolved to just force foreground
mode for the master-worker with systemd support option).

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus