*From:* Willy Tarreau [mailto:w...@1wt.eu]
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:46 EDT
*To:* Patrick Hemmer <hapr...@stormcloud9.net>
*Cc:* haproxy@formilux.org
*Subject:* HAProxy 1.9.6 unresponsive

Hi Patrick,

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 02:01:33PM -0400, Patrick Hemmer wrote:
Just in case it's useful, we had the issue recur today. However I gleaned a
little more information from this recurrence. Provided below are several
outputs from a gdb `bt full`. The important bit is that in the captures, the
last frame which doesn't change between each capture is the `si_cs_send`
function. The last stack capture provided has the shortest stack depth of
all the captures, and is inside `h2_snd_buf`.
Thank you. At first glance this remains similar. Christopher and I have
been studying these issues intensely these days because they have deep
roots into some design choices and tradeoffs we've had to make and that
we're relying on, and we've come to conclusions about some long term
changes to address the causes, and some fixes for 1.9 that now appear
valid. We're still carefully reviewing our changes before pushing them.
Then I think we'll emit 1.9.8 anyway since it will already fix quite a
number of issues addressed since 1.9.7, so for you it will probably be
easier to try again.
So I see a few updates on some of the other 100% CPU usage threads, and that some fixes have been pushed. Are any of those in relation to this issue? Or is this one still outstanding?

Thanks

-Patrick