Hi.

Am 18.08.19 um 11:53 schrieb Nik Mihelioudakis:
> Dear HAProxy Community,
>
> We are currently trying to implement load balancing using Java Web Start (ie
> no
> cookie support) and we are having issues with session stickiness.

Which version of haproxy do you use?
haproxy -vv

How does your config looks like?

> I have configured the following
>
> stick-table type string len 52 size 5M expire 30m
> stick on urlp(jsessionid,;)
>
> Which successfully captures the jsessionid parameter in the request from the
> client, but sends the request to another server in the pool, prompting an
> error
> from the application server stating that the session does not exist.
>
> I have read through the documentation and archived mailing lists several
> times,
> however I am still unclear as to whether I should be capturing the request or
> the response
>
> When I add the following,
>
> stick store-response urlp(jsessionid,;)
>
> haproxy informs me that  "'stick': fetch method 'urlp' extracts information
> from
> 'HTTP request headers',none of which is available for 'store-response'"
>
> I would have thought that I would need to capture the jsessionid response from
> the backend server and stick this jsessionid to the client for subsequent
> requests, or am completely off the mark?
>
> Your guidance on the following issue we are facing would be appreciated.

Afaik, from haproxy point of view is urlp only usable for requests.

http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/2.0/configuration.html#7.3.6-urlp

I can't remember how the response looks like from the server but some servers
have the option to send cookie AND url parameters and the browser decides which
he uses.

Please can you run haproxy -d and show us the response from the server.

> **
>
> Kind Regards,
> *
> **N Mihelioudakis*