Am 18.08.19 um 19:53 schrieb Nik Mihelioudakis:
> I have modified the configuration as follows
>
> frontend fe_WebLogic
>         bind *:8854
>         mode http
>         option  httplog
>         option http_proxy
>         option forwardfor header X-Real-IP
>         default_backend be_Weblogic
>
> backend be_Weblogic
>         mode http
>         option httpchk OPTIONS /
>         cookie SERVERID insert indirect nocache
>         stick on cookie(SERVERID)
>         balance roundrobin
>         server aps0n1_BTSN 192.168.1.134:7779 weight 1 check cookie s1 port
> 7779
> inter 20s
>         server aps0n2_BTSN 192.168.1.135:7779 weight 1 check cookie s2 port
> 7779
> inter 20s
>
> I tried the following, however I am still having the same issue
>
> I don't think configuring the Weblogic server to send a cookie in the HTTP
> Response header and using res.cook would make a difference, because as we are
> using Java Web Start as the client (no web browser), it ignores any cookies
> sent
> to it, so the next request it will make will be without the cookie in the
> request.

Okay this information should be also in one of the previous mails, maybe I
missed that info. In this case I would then complete remove the cookie stuff as
it doesn't make sense when you know that the client does not support cookies.

> I will look at the documentation regarding LUA.
>
> Any other ideas on how I can handle this? One thought I had as we have Nginx
> install as a frontend for SSL termination, I could send the SSL Session ID in
> the header and using this to "stick" each session to a particular backend.

Such a solution is shown in the example part of the doc

http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/2.0/configuration.html#4.2-stick%20store-response