On 3/14/20 12:47 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 12:20:00PM +0100, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
>> Willy,
>>
>> Am 14.03.20 um 12:13 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
>>> Yes, feel free to do so, this will definitely help get it eventually done.
>>
>> Here it is: https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/548
>>
>> I labeled it "bug", because it can be considered a bug that the
>> on-the-wire format relies on some internal enum.
>
> Agreed, thanks!
> Willy

So I understand that since 1.6 the SMP_T are directly announced on the wire for
key types, and it brokes the documented values and this is hazardous to rely on
internal enum values.

So we must re-introduce a mapping between internal and on-wire types.

Some questions about choices:

- Re-map types to documented values or Update the doc to match currently used
values?

- About re-introduce the mapping, I'm not sure we should re-introduce the
mapping between fetches and tables types. Table types could stay internal,
using SMP_T... and we could map to protocol's values only when emitting the
message.

Your opinion?

R,
Emeric