Congrats on the release, Willy & the rest of the team!

I've been following along the torturous road, and I'm happy to see all the
issues resolved and the excellent results. Personally, I'm excited about the
performance gains. I'll deploy this soon on our network.

To dig up an old discussion—I took a look at better support for SRV records
(using the priority field as backup/non-backup, etc.) a few weeks ago, but
determined it didn't make sense in our use case. The issue is 0 weighted
servers are considerably less useful to us since they aren't ever used, even in
the condition where every other server is down.

That raises the next question: is the idea of server groups (with the ability
for a request to try group 1, then group 2, etc. on retries) in the development
plans at some point? Would that be something I could tinker as a longer term
project?

Best,
Luke

—