Hi Ryan,

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 01:34:40PM -0500, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 12:41 PM Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > HAProxy 2.2.0 was released on 2020/07/07. It added 24 new commits
> > after version 2.2-dev12.
> >

> This is great. Thank you to all who contributed to this release.
>
> I'm currently packaging this for Fedora. It seems to build just fine on
> Fedora 32 and rawhide. Is there any new build options or dependencies to be
> aware of? I'm looking at the Makefile now and nothing jumps out at me. That
> said, I am totally capable of missing something.

For Linux there's nothing new that isn't automatic. However we've removed
some obsolete options that you were very unlikely to be using anyway:
USE_MY_EPOLL, USE_MY_SPLICE, USE_REGPARM, USE_VSYSCALL, USE_MY_ACCEPT4.

You may want to set HLUA_PREPEND_PATH/HLUA_PREPEND_CPATH to propose a
default search path for Lua modules, though I'm not sure about the
possible impacts in a distro (can't possibly be as bad as searching
at the wrong place :-)).

If you consider Fedora the right place to report early bugs, you could
also enable DEBUG_STRICT (which enables the few BUG_ON statements),
DEBUG_MEM_STATS (which allows to report in "debug dev memstats" the places
in the code where allocations were made), and DEBUG_FD, which adds a calls
counter to each FD and helps figure if an FD is stuck when someone reports
a 100% CPU condition (very low overhead as well). All of them are used on
my systems and even on haproxy.org so they are safe.

Cheers,