Lukas,

Am 10.07.20 um 21:04 schrieb Lukas Tribus:
>> I finally pushed this fix in the 2.0. Note the same bug affected the HTTP
>> proxy
>> mode (using http_proxy option). In this case, the connection retries is now
>> disabled (on the 2.0 only) because the destination address is definitely
>> lost.
>> It was the easiest way to work around the bug without backporting a bunch of
>> sensitive patches from the 2.1.
>
> Given the importance and impact of this bug you just fixed (at least 5
> independent people already reported it on GH and ML) and the amount of
> other important fixes already in the tree (including at least one
> crash fix), I'm suggesting to release 2.0.16. Unless there are other
> important open bugs with ongoing troubleshooting?

Agreed. With 2.2 being released this is a good opportunity to release
updates for all branches down to 1.9 at least to properly mark the
latter as EoL.

I'd also appreciate at least backports happening without a release for
1.6 and 1.7, allowing us to close off old, fixed, issues on GitHub.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus