Am 11.07.20 um 00:03 schrieb Tim Düsterhus:
Lukas,

Am 10.07.20 um 21:04 schrieb Lukas Tribus:
I finally pushed this fix in the 2.0. Note the same bug affected the HTTP proxy
mode (using http_proxy option). In this case, the connection retries is now
disabled (on the 2.0 only) because the destination address is definitely lost.
It was the easiest way to work around the bug without backporting a bunch of
sensitive patches from the 2.1.

Given the importance and impact of this bug you just fixed (at least 5
independent people already reported it on GH and ML) and the amount of
other important fixes already in the tree (including at least one
crash fix), I'm suggesting to release 2.0.16. Unless there are other
important open bugs with ongoing troubleshooting?

Agreed. With 2.2 being released this is a good opportunity to release
updates for all branches down to 1.9 at least to properly mark the
latter as EoL.

I'd also appreciate at least backports happening without a release for
1.6 and 1.7, allowing us to close off old, fixed, issues on GitHub.

Bumping this.

Fully agree. I will try to emit the 2.0.16 this Friday. For the backports in older versions, it is probably a good idea too. We just need some time to do so. No promise on this point :)

--
Christopher Faulet