On 08.04.2022 16:24, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> My concern is essentially this one: is there any risk that a 2.5 user
> currently using opentracing would be hit by a bug introduced with this
> patch ? The code *seems* to be isolated only in the parts that are
> enabled by OT_USE_VARS but I'm asking because you know better than me.

If context transfer over variables is not used in the opentracing
configuration, the only place where "fixed" functions for variables are used
is when generating ot.uuid variable.  This variable is not generated in the
current 2.5 code because it lacks functions for working with variables.

However, given your explanation of how the thing works with backporting
functionality, we won’t break that here.

If users demand it very much, it could be considered.  Now, not to make
trouble for ourselves, we don’t need to backport it.

--
Miroslav Zagorac
Senior Developer