On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Pritpal Bedi <bediprit...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It is wrong to put it like this:
>   so that you can run a Qt program in text-mode.
> Rather we should say:
>   so that you can run a Clipper program in Qt environments.

ok... but which are the Qt environments where you can't use other GTs
? I ask because, except for mobile phones, I really don't know Qt
environments - I'm new to Qt so I don't know very much

>> But can you use gtqtc and mix it with Qt gui items ?

I explain better: it would be possible to have in the same program one
window done in "text-mode" and ANOTHER window in gui mode ? (not
text-mode in the gui form or gui widgets in text-mode...)

In this way migration can be easier....
> ...but this is not the
> way to exploit Qt's power. It is better we start thinking port our code to
> pure GUI.

I agree.

>  I will try to
> find the ways to migrate easily exiting code. TBrowse oriented code
> may need little labout to adapt to XbpBrowse().

Yes, a "best practice" guide can be very useful

> GetList will need much
> more work to simulate the excat behavior, this this is doable.

Hwgui has a GetList implementation.... and it also has a editbox with
PICTURE support... it may be nice to subclass the editline e implement
the PICTURE...

> Needed are some more hands.

Personally, I need a 40 hours/day...so if I have 6 hours sleeping, 8
working, I have some hours left per day-.... :-)

Francesco