Hi All,

>> ..I'd prefer to we follow a "Harbour-Fund" financing model. That is,
>> we start making donations to a common-treasure and let project
>> leaders decide and make "hiring" agreements for manual creation, or
>> whatever would help project's improvement.
>> But, of course, let's hear other harbour followers opinions.
>
> xHarbour.com has excellent documentation and for last four or five years
> they have not been able to sell enough copy to receive back money they had
> to pay for professional documentation writer. And here we have ready product
> not sth what may appear in the future. If ready to use product cannot be
> sold in enough number of copies then for sure we have no chance to collect
> enough money for sth what does not exist yet.
> Instead starting such foundation may be the end of Harbour. It will not
> allow to collect enough money to pay professional documentation writer
> but it may be the source of never ending discussion when the documentation
> will have been finished addressed to me and some other core developers.
> I'm not slave of Harbour users and for sure I will not tolerate such
> messages for long time.
>
> This is my last massage in this thread. I strongly suggest to invest
> resources necessary to create such long messages about "how to create
> harbour documentation" in creating some real documentation. It will
> be really productive.

Very well summed up.

Small addition: _Asking others_ to create a fund (just like doing
the same with docs) won't help the case either (I also don't have
any notion to deal with any sort of common money, as discussed
a few times in the past).

Pls note that _anyone_ is free to create a fund and deal with the
sponsoration of doc writing, or any other matter whatsoever. Harbour
admins/core developers aren't needed for this.

To make it clear: I'm personally not interested in writing docs
even if paid for, and other core developers has stated this clearly
too in the past.

[ After waiting some days for the original thread on user's
list taking any sort of constructive direction, I had made the
decision to ban the thread starter, on the grounds that he went
into an unstoppable monologue, which is off-topic regarding
Harbour user's list, and really doesn't help to solve any
problems. ]