I admin (in a team) over 100 workstations and over 30 servers on a corporate
network. We deploy pretty nice machines--almost everybody has a dual-core
box with 2GB of memory and dual monitors. Vista should, from a hardware
perspective, do quite decent.

One of the big things I'm looking forward to is the new ability to block
hardware installation by device ID via GPO. I would absolutely love to
prevent people from attaching their iPods to machines on my network...

Greg