Greg,

While I completely agree with your point of view, job description, and the
necessity for control, this argument seems to go back to the days of
mainframe IT control versus the use of an non-networked Apple II on an
individual's desktop. It is a Corporate vs. Creative argument. Neither side
is ever going to win the argument because they have opposite goals. Too bad
we can't devise a way for both to co-exist in the corporate environment.

JMHO.

Jim Maki
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. Can we run Access or Powerpoint?   :)