Oh, and the other thing I forgot to mention is that there's not much of a compelling reason to make every single jump in OS revision.

For example, if you had a OSX Tiger machine, and did not care about Time Machine or the new dock, there's no super compelling reason to go to Leopard.

Brian Weeden wrote:
Agreed.

Although I think it's sad that we consider $100 to be a "reasonable" price
point to pay every year or two for an OS upgrade.  In contrast to
Microsoft's normal pricing, that's true.  But compared to Linux (whatever
it's faults) it's still darn unreasonable.