If anything things have gotten easier. I just built two new systems in the last
6 months.  A lot of the tweaking needed to get a system running is no longer
needed.  UEFI is a lot better than the old BIOS.

If you're installing Windows, it does all the partition stuff for you.  If you
want to do something creative or manual, I suggest getting a program called
Gparted and putting it on a bootable USB or disc.

If you are upgrading to a new drive, you need to use some cloning software to
avoid the problems with changing the drive mapping.  I just upgraded to a
bigger Samsung SSD and it came with cloning software.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone