Duncan,

Did you read my email on how I fixed this? Sent to the list last weekend. Things are going fine for a week now and I do have stuff that is starting very fast. My system used to take a long time from password prompt to usable desktop. There was a lot going on in the background which I'm sure what it was, but right now, from password prompt to usable desktop is about 10 seconds. I'm also not going to worry a whole lot about writing to the SSD. I've changed where downloaded files go and the defaults for documents, but if you do too much fiddling, then Windows Update will have a fit.

Steve