Neil Mitchell wrote:
Hi

re: Hoogle not always getting it exactly right, there are a few known
bugs floating around which I'm working on. Hoogle can permute the
order of arguments though, so that shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't
really like Monads, but I wrote Hoogle before I was aware of
higher-kinded type classes, so its understandable...

Overall, I think Hoogle is an increadibly neat tool. I've never seen anything else like it. (But then, how many other languages let you virtually figure out what a function does just by its type signature?)

I shudder to think what Hoogle will be like if they ever get round to adding MPTCs, ATs, rank-Ns and existential types to the language standard... Good luck with searching for that! ;-)

OOC, how big is Hoogle and how long did it take to do?