Jules Bean wrote:
Andrew Coppin wrote:
OTOH, I recently discovered that GHCi has the ability to show you what's defined in a given module without me having to wait 40 seconds for Firefox to start... Shame you can't scroll its output. (And still no help if you're not sure of the module name.)

!!!

Run ghci in an environment with a scroll buffer then? Like a non-braindead terminal application, or emacs? (The latter even gives you convenient reverse-incremental-search to search through the info you just printed)

I don't know if Andrew is a windows user, but if so he might not be
aware that even with the (otherwise braindead) command window the
number of lines buffered is a configurable property (on WinXP at least).
I have it set to 1000 lines.

The other thing I've found that makes the use of command line tools
a lot less painful than it would otherwise be in windows is the
"Open Command Window Here" Power Toy..

It's still nowhere near as good as the old XTree though :-(

Regards
--
Adrian Hey