* Greg McCarroll <g...@mccarroll.org.uk> [2012-05-19 23:00]:
> Lisp machines[1] didn't exactly take off. C++/STL didn't have anyone
> build upon it for other languages significantly (i'm sure i'm about to
> be proven wrong here) , just for sheer mischief i'll mention Topaz[2].

Bagging on C as a language is like bagging on the web as a networking
architecture. It’s a sport everyone likes because it’s so easy – in both
cases the target is worse than the alternatives in every way except for
the fact that it works whereas the alternatives don’t.

(Personally I’m more interested in understanding what is right about
such things such that they work, than I am in enumerating the nine
billion names of how they suck. But I realise that that is off-topic
on this list.)

Regards,