Hello,
i was some kind of early adopter of the numato opsis.
I get it on crowdsupply. I let it in my studio for year and i try to re use
it now since 3 days, concentrate on it.

What i feel is like it's a quickly difficult card to work with.

It's not easy to find the good information to use it really.

Best place is unfortunenately not the website of the project.
i mean : https://hdmi2usb.tv/
There it's a place to learn that the card can do a lot but no way to learn
other things except flashing thing.
In that case it's possible to have a way to something.
It's quite amazing.
I need to search something really hidden and i find some help there:
https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/opsis.html

but it's quite difficult to figure out how to simply use the card and the
switch...
So The displayport are simply optionals.
So it's trickky to understand because there is 5 years since the opsis is
out...
It's not easy to drive a opensource project like that...Ok

BUT it's impossible to let the final-user only in a programming zone, with
no other perspectives.
i think there is a problem.

So i don't want to be rude, i'd just want something to work.

Maybe it's possible to get exemple of setup and a firmware adapt for
different setup...with differerent repo in function of uses and projects
It's communication and education.
I'm just trying to use the opsis and i'm just a professionnal of making
picture for shows and film, so i'm some kind of final user.

That's why i expect efficency, and clear way to work with.
It mean : plug that, plug this, use that raspberry or laptop with that
setting, and a minima tricks to work with all the port i mean ethernet so
old tech, and displayport...
And after what soft to tallk with the card with all the links and howto get
something stable. clear repo for ubuntu, or debian, it's not easy like it
is now.
A tuto for starting something from scratch... at the bottom level to more
complicated examples.

Really i want to help at my level.

THE SITUATION

So  i use the hdmi ports i understant how to start the inputs and outputs
I understand how to play with the matrix (these commands need to be on a
page of https://hdmi2usb.tv/ and how to get there, install and so on)
The problems i got:
when i plugs cameras i need to set the videomode to PAL or NTSC so 12 or 13
720X576 give the best results, i can get 2 cam working in that mode
BUT no screen sync, if i plug my computer it detects the opsis 1280x720 but
orange screen on my display, x c 0 0 or other changes give nothing else.
Secondary mde change nothing... And the encoder status announce 0fps and 0
quality...
You understand it's quite impossible to use it for a show...
Which solution can we build to give a chance to this opsis...
Thanks
Regards