On Tue, 2020-05-26 at 12:33 -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:

> I need to revert my firmware to
> Jun 2 2019    v0.0.4-487-g5940dcb
> or
> Sep 30 2018   v0.0.4-340-g3fb4e7c
>
> as I know one of those had working uvc.
>
> but no time today :(

I decided to tinker with my Opsis board over the past few days, and
with thanks for Carl for some help in IRC I have it up.

I have found that to get uvc working I needed to use v0.0.4-487-
g5940dcb - all newer images fail when I run gst-launch-1.0 with the
following error:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Device
'/dev/video0' failed during initialization
Additional debug info:
gstv4l2object.c(3758): gst_v4l2_object_set_format_full ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
Call to TRY_FMT failed for MJPG @ 1280x720: Input/output error
Execution ended after 0:00:05.232390828
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I am running Debian Bullseye on my laptop. I have also tested with
mplayer and vlc and get similar errors.

Is there another way to display the encoded content since the newer
firmware images have been used at conferences, they must be working!

Cheers,
Andrew

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand