Hey,

On Mon, 2020-06-22 at 19:01 -0700, Carl Karsten wrote:
> Jan 20 2020 v0.0.4-721-gc27ca25
> it was used in production for a day about 2 weeks ago, so I've marked
> it as stable.

Thank you.

> the issues we (including me) are bumping into haven't really been
> demonstrated in a controlled way, like
> this works with this build, but the same test fails with this new
> build.  I always fumble around trying to test it manually, because
> yeah, we don't have good tests.  but we are close! or
> something....

Having a regression suit that tests against the actual boards sounds
like a fantastic idea! And yeah, testing with hardware is hard.

> btw - there is a bug/feature/whatever in debian buster:
>
> Opsis comes up as 2 video devices on buster
> https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-video-team/ansible/-/issues/41
>
> Which I think is going to throw a wrench in my "use vocto to test"
> plan.

This didn't affect my testing. It appears that GStreamer uses the first
device by default, which is the one which has the video stream. The
second one has the metadata. I plugged the board, ran:

  /usr/bin/voctomix-ingest --video-source hdmi2usb

And it worked perfectly.

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
and...@etc.gen.nz              |