Hey,

As suggested by Carl I've built up a test box using voctomix, and
confirmed that my Opsis board running HDMI2USB v0.0.4-721-gc27ca25
works with Voctomix GUI. I've been able to simplify the GStreamer
pipeline that is displayed by voctomix-ingest and now have it working
on my laptop. This is the simplest case:

  gst-launch-1.0 \
    -v \
    v4l2src device=$device !\
    jpegdec !\
    fpsdisplaysink sync=false

Using decodebin doesn't work, it needs to be jpegdec.

Something to note, if you connect to the serial interface (/dev/ttyACM0
for me) first, then you trigger a bug[0] and an Input/Output error is
displayed.

Cheers,
Andrew

[0] https://github.com/timvideos/HDMI2USB-fx2-firmware/issues/14