What's required to get the ball rolling? As I see it, applications needed
are 1) SSH client and server 2) http server with TLS support 3) python

Some of these can be ported, but I worry about the limited POSIX
compliance getting in the way. I have just today discovered HelenOS, so if
I am misinformed about what's available, please politely correct me, with
details.

I work for the infosec department of a very large corporation and am
trying to provide an alternative to the CentOS and Ubuntu which currently
make up the vast majority of the VMs we run.