Cardboard model. Or even paper model to start with. But definitely a
cardboard model.

Six walls, each 4' by 4', can be done as two strips, each made of three
squares, first to second a tight hinge, second to third a loose hinge.
These are 3 panels, each cut in half to give us three squares. As you say,
no problem there.

Six roof pieces, each an equilateral triangle with a base of 4', from two
panels (each with four cuts) which give you three roof pieces each, plus a
total of 4 "left over" "half roof-piece", right? I wonder if you'd want
some of those half roof-pieces if there's need to do some folding.

Model just the roof? Number the pieces: R1 to R6, plus abcd for the
half-triangle leftover thingies. Try two different half-roofs, one using
leftovers and one without? Post a picture or two. Allow us to use the
picture in a wikipage which we'd call "folding six-foot" or whatever? This
should help the next million, so thank you.