More on the Loctite Polyurethane Construction Adhesive story:

Placed too much faith on a line in this article about polyurethane
adhesives expanding and filling gaps as they cure:
https://www.popularwoodworking.com/article/the_truth_about_polyurethane_glue

"While it’s true that polyurethane glues expand as they cure (the
squeeze-out actually foams up like aerosol insulation), glue experts agree
that polyurethanes cannot fill a gap larger than 1 or 2 millimeters. After
a millimeter or two the foam has no strength, so it is merely a cosmetic
filler."

And I believed another article that said all polyurethane glues are
basically the same.

They aren't.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eRa4FP2ZLjU/WbWEMLfm3tI/AAAAAAAABUM/IwTlM2Ww_cA2r6IZ5U2OFo-8oP8aDRxwACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_20170910_121558.jpg>

I used Loctitite's Polyurethane PL Premium Construction Adhesive.

The Loctite, while seemingly inexpensive for a polyurethane glue at $7 for
28 oz., is not comparable to Gorilla Glue -- which in an earlier test
worked superbly in bonding polyiso to polyiso, but is extremely expensive
for the purpose.

Loctite, as you can see in the photo, is not a thin, amber, translucent
liquid:

It has a MUCH higher vicosity.

When squeezed from the tube onto vertical polyiso facings, it did not stick
but fell to the ground.

I squeezed it into a paint tray and used a putty knife to apply it in a
thin coat onto one of the two four inch by eight foot edges I was bonding.
It took seven ounces to coat the face of one edge. I misted it with water
before fitting the pieces together and clamping.

The official instructions say:

"Apply adhesive to one surface of the material being bonded. Press the
surfaces firmly together. Materials may be repositioned within 45 minutes
after applying the adhesive. If bonding two non-porous surfaces (such as
foam, metal and fiberglass), add water in the form of a very light or
atomized spray from a plant mister bottle to the extruded adhesive. The
repositioning time will then be reduced to less than 30 minutes. Use
mechanical support for 24 hours while the adhesive cures."

Was expecting to see expanding/foaming action as with Gorilla Glue, but
there was none. And in fact, Loctite doesn't promise any, only that it will
not shrink.That was my first disappointment. My misunderstanding.

While cleaning my putty knife, I smeared a bit on another piece of polyiso
on which I was going to test its compatibility with my paints and primers
and sealants. It was dried and hardened to touch within 15 minutes --
without being water-misted. That was a second disappointment. Loctite said
you have 45 minutes of repositioning ability without misting and 30 minutes
with.

Also will note that it had no tacky, grabbing properties at all, when
spread in a thin coat.

But my biggest disappointment was the next day when after cure time had
passed, I unclamped the "bonded" pieces. As I lifted slightly on one side
to reach and release a second clamp, I heard a cracking noise and the
boards split apart at the bond.

This very likely could be due to my having "troweled" it on in a thin coat
with a putty knife. Perhaps it would have bonded more strongly if I had
been able to position the board so the face to which the glue was to be
applied was horizontal instead of vertical and had squeezed onto it a 3/8"
inch bead of material and then misted that and let it squish and spread a
bit as I squeezed the two pieces together to clamp. But that would possibly
have used the full 28 oz tube just to zig-zag one beadline along the 4-inch
wide, eight-foot length. And would not have given me the full face-to-face
bonding I got with the Gorilla Glue experiment and earlier successful
Liquid Nails experiment. And would have made using Loctite for this project
potentially even more expensive than using Gorilla Glue for it.

My impression is that Loctite polyurethane Premium Construction Adhesive is
not a good choice for permanently attaching polyiso boards to one another.
To keep my project moving forward at this point before winter sets in, I
can't devote time to more tests of more materials. So I am going to go with
the Liquid Nails.