Hey Guys ~

While I do think that the regular hexayurt polyiso panel design works well
for Burning Man, I have to confess being a bit nervous about its being used
for general homelessness on the streets.  First of all, there is fire risk
that we're able to communicate to Burners.  Among other things, that
translates into "no cooking" or other open fire in such a yurt.  It's hard
for me to imagine that not happening in rain/winter on the street.

Some city/large org sponsorship of areas such as secure outdoor parking
have appeared, often with showers & toilets.  If these also had communal
kitchens and the city/org would set some sort of standard for a yurt (which
might not be that hard since they have to deal with tents and sorting any
liability re. that anyway. There may also be issues about a
possible/eventual waste stream from the yurts since at least the Burner
design is so temporary.  So perhaps such entities would be best to work
with to get agreement on a design envelope at least acknowledging these and
any other issues so we're all clear on this kind of thing.

Best,
Dan