>     Thanks. I'm actually messing around with the babycrab monster, so I'll
> see if I can get someone to reanimate it to move slower. I suppose that
> since the model itself contains the speed, I can't really have a monster
> which changes speed. Well, I guess I could hack it to load seperate models
> and have like babycrab200.mdl, babycrab250.mdl, and babycrab300.mdl or
> something. :)

Specifically, CBaseMonster::Move() in the monsters.cpp file, uses
m_flGroundSpeed for the speed of movement.  Move() calls MoveExecute() which
determines the amount to move based on m_flGroundSpeed and framerate.  It
then calls UTIL_MoveToOrigin() to tell the engine to move that entity a
specific distance (calculated from ground speed and framerate) during the
next video frame.

You could keep changing m_flGroundSpeed, but the animation wouldn't match up
with how fast it's walking (i.e. it would be sliding it's feet on the ground
as it walks, ala moon walking).

Jeffrey "botman" Broome