With old netcode (the Quake1 one) you need to force the angles update with something called FIXANGLE. You set fixangle to 1, and in the next server frame the netcode will send a svc_angles (or something similar) that will overwrite the client angles.

But that whas for players, not for entitys.. dunno will be applied for
VGUI stuff..

coordinates including the angles of even the client only gets updated as
many as 10 times a second. So what happens is it looks like the radar is
running about 10fps and its really choppy especially if you turn around
really fast.  So I was thinking about doing some kind of prediction where

delay the update a whole 10th of a second, just enough so I know the next
angle of the client and I do some kind of interpolation in-between updates
bases off the real time between real frames and the angle between the

first

and the second. in other words I fake the missing in between frames. I

could

do this, but it would be a lot of work for something that's already done.

Is

there any other way to get the client viewangle ACCURATELY every frame?
Right now I use

base_player->angles[1];

where base_player is real client

cl_entity_t *base_player = gEngfuncs.GetEntityByIndex( m_nEntIndexOrigin

);

I use that angle as a subtraction to the raw_angle I find using the acos
between both origins of the client and the current target.

Anyway, it just seems like the angle only gets updates 10 times a second
(roughly). My radar is running every frame. So should I proceed with
prediction, or should I find another variable or view angle which is more
accurate?