-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kyle
Sent: Tuesday, 25 November 2003 9:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [hlcoders] Client side radar question

I run a website with more active members then wavelength, we have most posts
then wavelength and more threads, So when I call you a nazi just know its
from someone who has some experience with dealing with thousands of idiots
online. You are not a naiz, I know why I was banned and you have every right
to ban anyone on your board however you banned me for making some subtle
suggestions for which I was criticized for and complained. I had over a 1000
posts and contributed plenty in both the coding board and mapping board. I
think only 4 or 5 people had more posts then I, it's really your loss, I
don't mind saving my breath. And in fact , the only good answers I got there
were from entropy and botman and bulk and well you have some good input too
along with shimms, but the a lot of your moderation team & local posters are
a group of 16 year olds whom only amplified the animosity between you and I.

I got used to steam and I did admit In the beginning it was a vast
improvement, only reason I'm using this email is because its my STEAM email.
As you know, steam requires an email when you registered. I did not want to
use a real email because I don't like spam and I don't think any game or
software for that matter should even have a right to an email address.
(most software, I understand some needs it) so my steam dir is
/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/half-life/ blah blah blah

In regards to the radar, I made the background out of vgui rects in order to
keep the size the same across every res, however I will change this because
the vgui gets drawn after sprites, so that's no good. I will make the radar
out of sprite rects and dynamically change the size based on resolution. (I
would like to use triapi, but don't have time to learn that)
Also I noticed that the vgui repaint routine has slowed down. This is why my
radar looked worse in steam before I changed it to sprites. I also have a
vgui menu which scrolls and it looks really bad now too because it scrolls
really choppy. Can anyone explain the reason for handicapping the vgui?