Humm... call me naive but...

I suggest to create a dummy "usermsg 57"  that catch and try to fix
network stream corruptions (TCP packets assembling errors?)

A aproach can be to ignore the full frame (posible?).. well.. that its
better than crash or unconnect

Ben Banfield wrote:

There is an interesting thread on thewavelength regarding an error like
this ( usermsg 67 ).
http://forums.thewavelength.net/index.php?showtopic=10455&hl=usermsg&st=15
It seems to suggest that it isn't about us sending a msg which got
regged with number 57, as that gives a different error (UserMsg: No pfn
craptest 95).  My own logging of messages concurs with that, as i've
never managed to catch a msg sending 57 as the msg id (this was using a
technique botman mentioned back last october).

This morning I tried to reproduce the bug along mazor's line of thinking
(overflowing), by sending a mass of cvars and messages per frame, but
all I got was a lot of lag and compressing split packets.

Bar a router, which at the point in time I don't particually want to
accept, I think we need to find a method for reproducing this.

Ben

Adam "amckern" Mckern wrote:

I think that has been talked about, but mayb not
looked into

Quote from lower down

"On Behalf Of Alfred Reynolds

There is no usermsg 57, the engine defined ones stop
at 56 (and mod created ones start at 64). Sounds like
you are corrupting your network steam (by mismatching
what the server sends and how the client parses it
typically).

- Alfred"

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

There seems to be quite a lot of different reasons
for this occuring with it
happpening in many mods to everyone on the server at
the same time, and also to
individuals with weird routers.

But why is it always UserMsg 57? I think the only
person who can answer this is
someone at valve by looking up their source code.
With it being a problem in
many mods it would be time well spent.

If its happening for different reasons, then perhaps
some more specific error
messages might be useful too.

Peter.