" I am not a
noob who found link to this mailing list today and just decided to
write here,"

Nice personal insults :thumbsup:

Then you go on to call me a fanboy in other words.

As soon as you started with the personal insults it immediatly
invalidates all your arguments.

I'll be stepping out of this "rant" as you failed to counter any of my
points, but hey you insulted me personally with bad facts, so it's all
good?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:36:14 +0200, Vyacheslav Djura
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Ben,
>
> Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 3:57:16 PM, you wrote:
> BD> www.steampowered.com
> Please be more careful reading my letter - I told you that we HAVE
> TRIED several times and they just ignored us. The only thing I
> received (3 or 4 weeks ago) was some letter "your question is in the
> queue for answer" and still no reply. Not telling that I've used
> steampowered.com to find out what's wrong with HL2 because everything
> was red in game - again, no answer.
>
> I work in game industry and know people from another companies (who
> also might read this letter) and they all agree that idea of Steam is
> great, but Steam itself is a big problem.
>
> Let's just imagine, what will be with all those people who have purchased
> Half-Life 2 if Valve would decide suddenly to quit game business? Who
> will play Half-Life 2 then? No one.
>
> BD> Vivendi's area of concern not valve.
> Stefan already wrote you regarding this.
>
> BD> Windows XP and countless other programs you buy retail and have to
> activate it.
> A lot of PC's are sold with already installed Windows XP and those who
> can't reinstall it usually call to some service center. As for
> "countless other programs" I haven't seen any. And hey, I am not a
> noob who found link to this mailing list today and just decided to
> write here, I work with computers as long as I remember myself.
>
> BD> See that's funny because every PC I have tried to get steam to run in
> BD> offline mode has worked. It's usually the fault of something on the
> BD> users part when offline does not work.
> It worked for 2 or 3 weeks. We have followed all the steps in Valve
> Steam FAQ, we have made backup of .blob file.
>
> BD> And for original poster, steam is currently using 0 CPU and 2 megs of
> BD> ram, it's not just a gui steam acts as an interface for a virtual
> BD> filesystem aswell.
> We also had such CPU usage of your lovely Steam on every our PC.
>
> You love your Steam so much, but there are so many other people who
> don't like it. I can tell you that as admin of
> http://www.hl2source.com who receives a lot "positive" feedback about
> Steam.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Vyacheslav                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Ben Davison
- http://www.shadow-phoenix.com